POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie wants a Christmas card! : Newbie wants a Christmas card! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Newbie wants a Christmas card!
From: Laurent Duperval
Date: 23 Dec 2003 17:37:46
Message: <pan.2003.12.23.22.37.43.864798@videotron.ca>
Hi,

I want to create a Christmas card with the following:

- 4 or 5 shiny balls. On the balls, I want to superimpose a picture of
people's faces. I'd like the pictures to have fading edges so it looks
like they're blending into the ball or give the appearance of sinking into
the balls (as if the balls were the frame for the picture).

- I'd like to make it look like the balls are hanging on a Christmas tree
branch of some sort

I don't know the first thing about doing this and I've got about..
oooh...30 hours left before Christmas now? :-)

Does anyone know where I can get some hold-my-hand-and-follow-a-recipe-
to-get-started information on doing this? I figure with a recipe and an
understanding of what parts of the file represent which part of the scene,
I can probably figure something out.

Thanks,

<Laurent Duperval> ldu### [at] videotronca

"In Europe, do you think Miles Davis is known as Kilometers Davis?  Thank
you."
	-- Stephen Wright's complete standup routine on
       _The_Late_Show_ with David Letterman, Aug. 29 1994