POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height_field { function n, n { ... weirdness : Re: height_field { function n, n { ... weirdness Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: height_field { function n, n { ... weirdness
From: Christian Walther
Date: 28 Oct 2003 08:02:53
Message: <pan.2003.10.28.13.03.03.833850@gmx.ch>
> It was discussed already a few times (iirc most widely during beta-testing of
> 3.5 in beta-test group about two years ago). In short it is mainly due to
> different coordinate system in images.

Ah, found it. The thread in p.b-t has subject "Function image type mirrored
vertically" and was started by Rune on 5 Apr 2002. I basically take Rune's
point there, but I don't want to bring up that discussion again. Knowing
that it was meant to be as it is is just as good for me as having it how I'd
have done it.

But this really ought to be documented more clearly. Have there been any

release? If not, I could contribute a paragraph or two (and maybe an
image).

 -Christian