POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scaling macros? : Re: Scaling macros? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scaling macros?
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 1 Aug 2003 05:30:36
Message: <pan.2003.08.01.09.30.31.726050.352@gte.net>
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:01:39 -0700, gonzo quoth:

> How do all you POV masters handle your units?

I've got a file that I include called "units.inc" that defines assorted
units of measurement in terms of each other.  It defaults to 1 cm = 1 POV
unit, but if I change the definition of a centimeter before including the
file, it adjusts all units accordingly.  This way, I can mix inches,
centimeters, feet, and light years without any trouble.

--
Mark