POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mirrorball : Mirrorball Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:12:33 EDT (-0400)
  Mirrorball
From: Tone Duff
Date: 8 Jul 2003 05:46:24
Message: <pan.2003.07.08.09.46.23.8506@careless.net>
Ok,
	Simple enough model in theory but in doing some dimple tests
I've been unable to get reflections coming off my object. At
the moment I have a simple cube with a reflectivity of 1.0. At
this I shine colored lights (a light source inside a tube). I
would have assume that I would get a colored spot on the floor (plane)
where the colored light was reflected. But I can't seem to get it
to work.

/*
** Rudimentry mirror ball
*/

box {
        <-100,0,-100>
        <100,1000,100>
        pigment { color White }
        finish { Mirror }
        rotate y*clock*180
}

Is there something wrong with this approach?

--
ryan@careless dot net