POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Some ideas about SDL enhancements : Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some ideas about SDL enhancements
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 9 Apr 2003 04:26:55
Message: <pan.2003.04.09.08.21.22.223101.510@gte.net>
On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 06:59:13 -0400, ABX quoth:

> On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 03:27:26 -0400, Mark Wagner <mar### [at] gtenet>
> wrote:
>> > And splines. Unify splines with the ones used by shapes like lathe
>> > and prism too.
>>
>> This is on my personal to-do list.  Maybe one of these days I'll
>> actually get around to it.
>
> Have you some universal solution in mind or each new type will require
> set of methods? Will be new spline types handled (magicaly)
> automatically? I made new sor_spline available and I'm working on some
> other spline types.

To convert from a pure spline to a lathe or prism spline, you'd specify
which two coordinate axes you want, using the normal x/y/z r/g/b/f/t
symbols.  Natural cubic splines would be converted to catmull-rom cubics,
and a warning message printed.  I haven't figured out what the syntax for
going from objects to pure splines would be yet.

e.g. prism{ MyLinearSpline x,y linear_sweep 0, 1} uses the x and y
coordinates of the spline from MyLinearSpline as the shape of the prism.

--
Mark