POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CSG object animation URL and Camera tracking problem : Re: CSG object animation URL and Camera tracking problem Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:07:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG object animation URL and Camera tracking problem
From: Suso Banderas
Date: 22 Jan 2003 10:52:22
Message: <pan.2003.01.22.15.52.33.621502@suso.org>
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:20:03 +0000, Warp wrote:

>   Instead of translating the camera, add the translation vector to the
> location vector.

  Cool, that worked:

    camera {
        location <-1.25, 1.25, -2> + <1.25*clock2, -1.25*clock2, 0>
        look_at <0, 0, 0>
    }

  you can check out the fixed version here:

  http://suso.suso.org/visual/3d/neatobject9.mpg

>   And by the way, 0*clock = 0.

  Yes, I know that.  What I was thinking when I did that is that
perhaps povray wasn't seeing the translate line unless I put a clock
variable there, so it wouldn't hurt anything to put one there since I
wanted the camera to look at 0,0,0 anyways.

thanks for your help