POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CSG object animation URL and Camera tracking problem : Re: CSG object animation URL and Camera tracking problem Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:33:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG object animation URL and Camera tracking problem
From: Suso Banderas
Date: 21 Jan 2003 17:41:03
Message: <pan.2003.01.21.22.41.14.904450@suso.org>
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:18:35 +0000, Warp wrote:

> Suso Banderas <sus### [at] susoorg> wrote:
>> But I am having trouble getting the camera to track
>> to <0,0,0> as it moves.
>
>   Either you want something else, or there's something which I don't get.
>
>   Have you tried simply defining the look_at vector as <0,0,0> in all
> camera definitions?

Yes I have tried that.

For the camera move part, this is what I have:

    camera {
        location <-1.25, 1.25, -2>
        translate <1.25*clock2, -1.25*clock2, 0.75*clock2>
        look_at <0*clock, 0*clock, 0*clock>
    }

Originally I tried

    camera {
        location <-1.25, 1.25, -2>
        look_at <0, 0, 0>
        translate <1.25*clock2, -1.25*clock2, 0.75*clock2>
    }

 But then I read the part in the PovRay documentation that mentioned
that some coordinates might not be read repeatedly if they happen
before a translate, so I tried putting the look_at after the translate.
But that didn't head so I tried using a 0*clock method, thinking that
maybe it wouldn't read the look_at line again unless it had the word
clock in it.

  All, I'm trying to do is make the camera look at the same point as it
moves through space.  A simple camera track.

Thanks for your help.