POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray webpage : Re: New POV-Ray webpage Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray webpage
From: Raphael Quinet
Date: 9 Jul 2002 15:52:24
Message: <pan.2002.07.09.19.52.16.945927.15266@gamers.org>
On Tue, 09 Jul 2002 21:37:43 +0200, Jan Walzer wrote:
> "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
> > I know.  We are using mySQL as database, and unfortunately it doe not
> > support subselects.  Performing a separate request via the script for
> > each country would add too much load, so until mySQL finally gains
> > subselect capability or I manage to invent another quick way of
> > collecting these statistics (I have a few workarounds like updating the
> > numbers only once per day) there won't be any.
>
> select
>   country_id,
>   count(country_id) as nr
> from pov_world_users
> order by nr
> group by country_id;
>
> ??

I was about to post a similar suggestion.  In addition, it could be
useful to display the total number of registered users on the main
page, maybe with a separate count of those who included some public
information (a simple "select count(*) ..." or something similar)

By the way, it looks like some characters (single quote) are escaped
when they are entered in the MySQL database but are not unescaped when
the text is converted to HTML.  This is visible in the additional info
provided by several people: all single quotes such as in "I'm" are
prepended with a backslash ("I\'m") in the HTML output.  This is even
worse when someone attempts to edit the info later, because the
backslash is also escaped and this results in things like "I\\\'m" and
so on...  I noticed this on James Taylor's page:
  http://www.povray.org/community/map/view/17/