POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image_map front & back : Re: MegaPov 0.7 bug Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:12:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.7 bug
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 25 Jun 2002 09:52:43
Message: <pan.2002.06.25.08.52.24.642897.635@mac.com>
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:16:32 -0500, Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> While using MegaPov 0.7  I ran into an undesirable (IMHO and yet
> unbuggy) aspect of using image_maps, an aspect most likely in existence
> as far back as 3.02.   I asked if there were a way around this and
> someone suggested the object pattern. (an off-topic suggestion???)  It
> was a very useful idea, but the suggestion did not (IIRC) contain the
> proper syntax for 0.7.

The original suggestion by TinCanMan used the correct syntax, though it
had a separate typo that he immediately corrected. You tried using an
image_map as a color instead of a pigment, and kept dropping out the
necessary pigment{} blocks when using declared pigments, despite every
example using them. I even pointed you to an existing sample file...

Warp did mention pigment_map, but he was confused, and there were plenty
of other working examples given. I count 5 examples by the time you
declared that MegaPOV had a bug.

This whole thing has gone on too long, lets just end it here, please?

POV-Ray TAG e-mail: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
WWW: http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/