POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Straight-on wide camera : Re: Straight-on wide camera Server Time
11 Sep 2024 12:55:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Straight-on wide camera
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 15 Jun 2002 23:24:36
Message: <pan.2002.06.15.22.24.59.596412.1173@mac.com>
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:12:51 -0500, leming wrote:

> I need a camera that will be able to render to a wide image (say
> 400x100) and not have any distortions, just be straight-on to the image.
> Is there a setting to do this?  Appologies if my description isn't very
> good.

To render at that aspect ratio, try setting right to x*1 and up to y*0.25.
For the no distortion, including perspective distortion, you need an
orthographic camera. This means the camera rays will be parallel, not
spreading out as with the other types, but you will need to size the right
and up vectors to the desired camera view area, just keep them in a 4/1
ratio.

POV-Ray TAG e-mail: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
WWW: http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/