POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : POV Ray How Tos : Re: POV Ray How Tos Server Time
5 May 2024 18:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Ray How Tos
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 7 Mar 2002 18:25:47
Message: <pan.2002.03.07.23.29.37.748802.10616@kitty5.com>
> Yeah, you're right to point out that it is a recognized usage of the
> word. Still some standard and accepted usage is not very good and could
> be changed. I think it would be better to reserve the word Bible for
> religious texts. Not that I'm offended or anything, I'm not religious. I
> just seems inaccurate terminology.

unfortuantly i think its a little late for this debate, its almost an
industry standard that every topic should be covered by at least one
'bible' and as the aim is to sell books, bible in the title is obviously
seen by publishers as being a good thing (as they wouldnt bother if it
affected sales in any way)

Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key