POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I cannot set up Github 2FA! : Re: I cannot set up Github 2FA! Server Time
14 May 2024 07:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I cannot set up Github 2FA!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Oct 2023 17:13:10
Message: <pan$eb77f$3ab7e849$d2a2c206$e7043794@nospam.com>
On Sun, 8 Oct 2023 16:31:02 +0200, Le_Forgeron wrote:

> I went with the SMS verification code.
> (I do not trust applications)

FWIW, SMS is far less secure than an app.  IMEI cloning renders SMS
verification one of the least secure options out there.

TOTP application codes are among the most secure, because the algorithms
used are open.  You can use something like FreeOTP if you want something
that you can audit the code for.