POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AutoBanking : Re: AutoBanking Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AutoBanking
From: Peter Popov
Date: 31 Mar 2000 18:50:12
Message: <pTjlONnNNyI5gSblqK=WyaycOPwn@4ax.com>
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:34:48 -0800, Josh English
<eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote:

>I am continuing to develop my bezier spline macros, but I am currently
>having a problem with banking the object to have a realistic motion
>along the curve. Does anyonw have any suggestions?

Take the second derivative of the equation of motion you are using and
use (scaled to a proper range of course) to rotate the object around
the axis formed by the first derivative of aforementioned function. I
hope I know what I am talking about at this time of night :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet