POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray webpage : Re: New POV-Ray webpage Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New POV-Ray webpage
Date: 9 Jul 2002 10:56:54
Message: <p9pliugt92avpp371k7a1t4acbu4hvums1@4ax.com>

wrote:
> I have not started hard testing it but nice design in general.

A few notes about new site. It is very nice but... Some of below points can be
considered as feature requests - if it bother then just ignore them (I started
this list before Thorsten's anmswer).

1. Can't find any link on the site like web### [at] povrayorg. It's usually
public. Was this intentional ?

2. In the list of countris in community section number of povers in each
country could be displayed directly with name of country instead of on embeded
page to decrease number of generated pages. Sorting according to number of
povers in country could be possible.

3. The description under Moray icon on main page is not very well readable.
Moreover description says Moray works with POV-Ray 3.x while on its homepage
Moray says only about POV-Ray 3.1 (I know that some peaople work with 3.5 but
seems it is unofficial solution, right?)

4. On the Source Code section of Download page there is note that 3.5 was
released on 8 july while I suppose it was on 9 July (since there was break on
web page working and timestamp of binaries on ftp server point to that)

5. There is only one search for whole site. Search for links has gone. Search
for news fortunatelly is separated on news.povray.org but parhaps it will be
joined with main site. Any chance for advanced search with additional
checkboxes where search should be performed ?

6. There is gallery expected. Any plans for object/macro/scene/texture/etc..
repository asked a few days ago by somebody ?

7. Search field and Search button have different height under IE 5 and 5.5
than under IE 6 - in result text is a little cuted at bottom.

8. Please consider site map since some pages are linked only once and if
number of features/pages increase it will be hard to find anything without
performing search. It is already hard to find links on the pages since dark
blue link is not very different than black text when hover feature is used
instead of traditional underlining.

9. I wonder if additionaly POVLEGAL could be linked with
http://www.povray.org/copyright.html

10. Documentation section says that documentation can be downloaded via
Download section but there is only one 'documentation' word on downloading
page - in windows section - does it mean only windows version has
documentation ?

11. Known bugs list missed my following reports (verified with final release)
 a) sphere_sweep crash
    http://news.povray.org/g18bguoigilpr5cc14lirhkg7828b49aes%404ax.com
 b) all components of normal are optional but aren't
    http://news.povray.org/4jqqhucskeips1ep0aas9c83hucdjm5qpu%404ax.com
 c) wrong sphere_sweep bounding
    http://news.povray.org/2g0dcu8kasg84pqde8hdq9d60nkoa1cvka%404ax.com
 d) problem with logical operator