POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Acer Aspire 5000 : Re: Acer Aspire 5000 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Acer Aspire 5000
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Jan 2009 09:15:13
Message: <p3mem4hjv54rtbtva01b1pg9bgumuhpt5q@4ax.com>
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:55:19 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>didn't die. Indeed, although he came out looking half dead, a
>radiothermometer confirms that his *internal* temperature barely moved.

Again several years ago, when I was working offshore, I worked for two days on a
separation train where the ambient temperature was IIRC about 50deg C. There was
a team of us taking turns monitoring the instrumentation as the HVAC system had
failed. We would spend about 30 mins in the heat and 30 mins cooling down then
back into the heat. All of us were able to keep it up foe 12 hours a day. I
can't remember how much water we drank but we were given salt tablets as well.
Remember "Production Rules". :)

>> Although it is amazing the temperatures that we can tolerate. Once I was working

>*serious* protective clothing...

No serious PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). Safety boots, jeans, tee shirt,
overalls, leather/cotton gloves and hard hat. I tried removing my tee shirt but
the metal on the overalls was too hot to touch. I know what the temperature was
because I took a mercury thermometer up to check as I wanted to know what the
temperature was and a bi-metallic strip thermometer was reading over 100C.
--

Regards
     Stephen