POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Infinite spire and fallen headstones : Re: Infinite spire and fallen headstones Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinite spire and fallen headstones
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 9 Dec 2003 04:52:22
Message: <p2iga1-u53.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:
> http://infinitespire.weblogger.com/
>
> This proposal for the WTC memorial competition
> (http://www.wtcsitememorial.org/), one of the 5200 that were eventually

> submitted, is the brainchild of telecom entrepreneur/author and SETI
> part-time worker Brian McConnell, from San Francisco. At the beginning
of
> 2003, Brian, who sometimes dabbles with POV-Ray, recruited some people
(pro
> bono) to help with the visualisation of this project. Robert Becker, a
> professional illustrator, did the watercolors, and I did the CG renderi
ngs
> in POV-Ray, with some Rhino and Xfrog help. The site features a few of
these

> [...]

Congratulations, the 'infinite spire' concept seems an interesting idea
for such a memorial although i completely agree that it would be
somewhat unrealistic and exaggerated to build it.

For

http://infinitespire.weblogger.com/museum

i would have loved to see a POV-Ray render...

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______