POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV *ity test.. : Re: POV *ity test.. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV *ity test..
From: Peter Popov
Date: 31 Oct 1999 02:41:38
Message: <ovEbOOhxf=55jhNZR6AFjRYDyPMa@4ax.com>
On Sat, 30 Oct 1999 21:15:31 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>>..Moray<
>Well...I have downloaded it and it is currently gathering dust in the
>hard drive file for SoftWindows 98.

Well, give me an equivalent for the Mac because it's just not fair to
cut points because of OS choice. Same holds for Unix.

>>..the SuperPatch
>..UVPOV<
>Well, I have been trying to port those...
>I have a working port of the Superpatch(hint to others: start from the
>MS DOS source unless you know something about DLL's on the Mac), and a
>somewhat tempramental port of UVPov a6 which crashes immediately on
>launch unless compiled for the debugging target.(I think I have a good
>idea of where the problem is, though.)

Two points each, then :)

>>..predict how a quartic will look
>  ..a poly
>    ..any poly
>  ..a julia
>  ..a bezier_patch
>  ..a mesh<
>You forgot isosurfaces. :-)
Indeed. Then again, I've only used them one.

>I can predict isosurfaces, meshes, and bezier patches, but not the
>others. I can't even understand poly's, quartics, or any of that family,
>and I don't think a julia is predictable(is it?).

How about a 100k mesh (this was the intent)m without external tools

Quaternion julias are somewhat easy, they get predictable after the
first few hundred rendered for that purpose :)

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700