POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : you & me right now, warp : Re: you & me right now, warp Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: you & me right now, warp
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Feb 2009 17:10:40
Message: <ot66q4pfta88arqblt06gp3t3k70mmb1q6@4ax.com>
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:37:33 EST, "clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>> In my youth I liked Scottish and Irish folk music a lot. I don't know if you
>> have heard of  The Dubliners,
>
>Sure - didn't mention them because I guess they're probably the best-known Irish
>folk band of all.

Fairy 'Nuff ;)

>> The Clancy Brothers
>
>I guess I heard the name, but that's about it.

Think Arran jumpers :)

>> Tommy Makem,
>
>Doesn't ring a bell.

He played with the Clancy Brothers for a while.

>> The Chieftains,
>
>Good, but not exactly my taste, mostly. Too much on the pop side.

They must have changed since I moved on to clasical.

>> Hamish Imlach, Corrie Folk Trio and Paddie Bell,
>
>Never heard any of those.

I'm surprised as the Corries were very big. They sang "The flower of Scotland"
which is the de facto national anthem of Scotland, at least at sport matches.

>> Capercaillie etc.
>
>Didn't I mention them myself? Whoops...

So you did. Whoops!

>> >Anyone remember Peter, Paul and Mary?
>>
>> Afraid so :)
>
>Don't like them? I really love the traditional songs they performed.

Too Anglo Saxon, for my tastes.

>> Have you listened to the Soweto String Quartet?
>
>Not yet.

The only non classical CDs I've bought recently.
--

Regards
     Stephen