POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Co-Ordinate System Question ? : Re: Co-Ordinate System Question ? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:09:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Co-Ordinate System Question ?
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 8 Jan 2004 08:14:47
Message: <oslqvvsr87duc2g57snkjm7vkic9168vfl@4ax.com>
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 07:49:14 -0500, "Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote:

>it can get very complicated and confusing trying to get things
>pointed in the right direction.

Joking aside, that is true. It must be confusing to people starting out. I tend
to design/layout in Moray then convert anything I do in Povray to Moray's
coordinate system. Probably because I use the Moray cameras with
  up        <        0.0,         0.0,         1.0> // Where Z is up
right     <    1.38192,         0.0,         0.0> // Right Vector is adjusted to

statement.
Remember it is not a bug but a feature :-}
BTW what is happening to the Moray tribute scene. Has Stefan gone in search of
Beagle_2 :-}

Regards
        Stephen