POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity and resume : Re: Radiosity and resume Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and resume
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Jan 2004 16:28:03
Message: <oq9oe1-ubp.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Carl Hoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I'm now using radiosity for the first time and I've got a quick question.
> I started a render yesterday that will probably take several days.  I had to
> interrupt it today and when I resumed it with the +c option all the blocky
> pixels at the bottom of the render window are gone.  It looks like its going
> ok but I'm a little worried that maybe some information was lost from the
> first few passes that it now doesn't have and if I need to restart from
> scratch I'd rather know now then a few days from now.  Is it ok to use the
> +c resume option with radiosity?  The documentation states it "displays the
> partial image rendered so far" but I'm missing the blocky bottom 3/4th of my
> previous render window.  Do I need to be worried?

When you interrupt a radiosity render the radiosity data file will not
be removed (extension .rca).  When you resume, this data file will be
used again.  So usually no need to worry but note that not all data
stored in memory during a radiosity render is also written to the file
so there might still be a visible break in the image.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______