POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Backface culling? : Re: Backface culling? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backface culling?
From: tahoma
Date: 30 May 2005 10:42:31
Message: <opsrlfhsfyx5erxw@buddie.egoof>
Great, thank you. It workes as expected (typo, Section 2.4.9.7).

I asked for backface culling because i'm using a mesh. The general case
could be called back pigment culling or something like that. Two sided
textures would be nice, too, because if i want the backside of the roof to
be semitransparent, i have to pass the no_image flag either to the
frontside or the backside depending on what side is visible. It is
possible in my roof example, but for more complex meshes or even csg
objects it can be quite difficult to achieve that result.