POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : mipmapping : Re: mipmapping Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mipmapping
From: tahoma
Date: 12 May 2005 09:20:38
Message: <opsqnzo1z2x5erxw@buddie.egoof>
>>  It is not possible to formulate a question regarding to the answer.
>> Thats
>> paradox. As i said, i did not want to tell anyone, how the solution
>> should
>> look like. I wanted to know whether povray support a technique or not.
>
> But you said "When using image_maps i could not manage to get really
> nice visual results  because of high sampling frequencies."
>
> And this led Tim to mention antialiasing.  Was his reply useful to
> achieve 'nice visual results'?  Would it have helped you more to get a
> simple 'No' as the answer?

I presented my problem. I had a solution in my mind, but couldn't
find a way to do it with povray. So i was asking for that way.
The reason for posting the problem is to get other optinion about
reaching the goal.

Tim's answer was very helpful, yours wasn't. After reading your post
i was none the wiser.

>> Maybe it was dumb or even respectless to the povray community to ask
>> such
>> question,
>
> If the purpose of your question was to solve an actual problem in using
> POV-Ray (namely to get visually pleasing results) - which usually can be
> assumed of a posting in this newsgroup - your question was not
> formulated well.  This is what i tried to point out in my original reply.

You said: "Sorry but the fact you write this shows that you have
absolutely no idea how
raytracing works and what mip-mapping is. I don't want to appear brusk but
you should
think about things and inform yourself a bit better before posting
something like this."

If that means, my question was not well formulated, i still have to learn
a lot :)