POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object Pattern in Media : Re: Object Pattern in Media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Pattern in Media
From: Marcus Lundberg
Date: 7 Sep 2004 19:10:00
Message: <opsdzbyzkggccxe1@news.povray.org>
I've been messing with this since I read the first few posts, and I've run
into some snags.

The snag is a POV-Ray error: "Illegal texture or patch in clip, bound, or
object pattern."

I want to make a whispy ghost.
I modified the BlobMan includes to remove all materials, textures, and
pigments, since POV would complain if even a simple object in a density
statement had pigments.  That done, POV still complained, and I cannot
figure out why.
Since I don't think any textures are left in all of my Blobman, what does
the word "patch" mean in the error statement?