POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Tool Kit : Re: POV Tool Kit Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:13:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Tool Kit
From: Marcus Lundberg
Date: 21 Aug 2004 12:01:40
Message: <opsc3as7k4gccxe1@news.povray.org>
I downloaded them without problem (using Opera) and checked 'em out.
Really cool stuff, man!  I've been wanting a program to make a couple of
prisms in a project I'm working on, but didn't want to write an entire
program for two lousy objects.  Thanks!
One complaint, though: The Line Mapper doesn't work as well as it might.
Not sure how to explain what's going on, but generally it seems
unpolished.  For example, the line size wouldn't change properly after I
moved between two maps.  Excellent idea here, too, though.  No more using
Photoshop to make a heightmap and having to eyeball the result.