POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Aligning objects programatically : Aligning objects programatically Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Aligning objects programatically
From: Bill
Date: 28 Jul 2004 18:47:17
Message: <opsbvdk8oq1d91cn@personal.bc.hsia.telus.net>
I'm trying to get a text object to align relative to the center of a

sphere. The sphere is at <0,0,0>.  Since text initially sits with the

front-bottom-left corner at <0,0,0>, I've translated it to be just in

front of the sphere.

The challenge is to get the correct x-coordinate fot the text object so
it

is centered relative to the sphere.  So far, all I know how to do is

adjust the x coordinate by trial-and-error.  Is there some way to obtain

the size of the text programatically and set it's location using an

expression?

Thanks,
Bill