POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : blummin Media headache again! : Re: blummin Media headache again! Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blummin Media headache again!
From: Phil Cook
Date: 1 Jul 2004 12:40:04
Message: <opsagwh3r2efp2ch@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:39:37 +0100, Josh <som### [at] microsoftcom> did
spake, saying:

>> Hey I might be needing that, have you got a light_source in your scene
>> or
>> is the media showing up only with the ambient cylinder?
>
> just radiosity but it looks rubbish at the moment...what follows is not a
> full scene but shows you what i've been on about
<snip code>

Hmmm interesting, from your code.

with:
camera{
location z*-5000
}
I note if I remove your cylinder 'light source' the picture remains
unchanged if I then also remove the media{emission...} and add
light_source{z*((20000000+1000)/2) rgb 1} that produces the fuzzy
qualities I'd expect from media.

I'll ponder.

--
Phil Cook

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.