POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : the trace function and toroidal objects : the trace function and toroidal objects Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  the trace function and toroidal objects
From: melundbe
Date: 30 Sep 2003 13:33:02
Message: <oprwbppd0lmulnlm@localhost>
I'm trying to slap randomly distributed objects onto an isosurface in the
shape of a lumpy torus.  The only tool that I've found to help is the
trace(OBJECT_IDENTIFIER, A, B, [VECTOR_IDENTIFIER]) function.
Unfortunately, it only returns points on the "outside" part of the torus
(ie. not inside the donut hole).  Is there any way I can make it trace to
the entire torus?  Is there another function or macro that will do the
job?

I can put the objects in a regular torus through some inventive vector
math, but conquering the lumpiness is beyond my abilities, it seems.