POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height field question : height field question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  height field question
From: Jos Tellings
Date: 22 Jun 2003 10:35:53
Message: <oprq6at506pkmer3@localhost>
Hi,

I am using a height-field object as a mountain. I want to place trees on
the mountain. The tree object I already have. Now I need a macro that
translates the trees to the correct height. I read a tutorial
(http://www.mhazelgrove.fsnet.co.uk/levtut.htm) and read that you need a
point-array of your heightfield. How can I make a point-array of a tga-file
that's not created by a hf-editor? Or is there another solution, without an
array? In the tutorial, the author speaks about the 'trace' and the
'hf_height_at' functions; I can't find anything about these in the help
(neither POV-Ray nor MegaPOV 1.0).

Thank you very much for your help!!!

J T