POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rays of light : Re: Rays of light Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rays of light
From: Phil Cook
Date: 26 May 2004 12:37:33
Message: <opr8l8fjw2efp2ch@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 26 May 2004 12:20:39 EDT, Thesmophoriazusae <pan### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

> How might one simulate the effect of rays of light shooting though an
> opening, as if there were dust in the air?

for more info check out Media in the help file.
something like:
box{0,10 pigment{rgbt 1} hollow interior {
media {
scattering { 1, rgb 0.1}
}}}

with a cylinder light-source shining through it might be a easy start.
Change the rgb 0.1 up or down if it's too bright or not visible. Have fun.

HTH

--
Phil Cook

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.