POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : I Need Help With Media : Re: I Need Help With Media (small sample image) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I Need Help With Media (small sample image)
From: Phil Cook
Date: 21 May 2004 05:41:36
Message: <opr8cft40op4ukzs@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 21 May 2004 00:27:24 EDT, Danny <danzaetz> wrote:

<snip>
> I still can't figure out how to get rid of the images on the surface of
> the
> laser.  Please help.

Have you thought about doing it as a cylinder light_source, slower but it
might solve your problem:

//code
union{
cylinder{0,x*100, 1 hollow
pigment {rgbt 1}
interior{
media{
scattering{3,1}
density{
cylindrical rotate 90*z
color_map{
[0 rgb 0]

[0.5 red 3]
[0.9 rgb 5]

[1 rgb 10]}
}
}
}
scale <1,.2,.2>
}

light_source{0 rgb 10 cylinder point_at x*100}
translate<-50,0,10>
}
//end code

This is done with a non-defined camera so you'll need to tweak the
intensities and translate to get it to look right.

HTH

--
Phil Cook