POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Labelled balls : Re: Labelled balls Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Labelled balls
From: Phil Cook
Date: 5 Jun 2004 14:22:03
Message: <opr84wi8swe4dfwg@news.povray.org>
And lo on Sat, 05 Jun 2004 13:19:54 +0200, Florian Brucker
<tor### [at] torfboldcom> did spake, saying:

>> Modifying the 'text{..}' by inserting 'pigment {color Black}' cerates an
>> error.
>
> The text{...} is part of an object pattern (see POV-Ray documentation
> for details) and therefore only defines the pattern. To change the
> color/texture of the pattern, change the following line in:
>
>>     sphere  {< 0, 0, 0>, 1
>>         texture {
>>             object {PatternObj texture {WhiteTex}, texture {ColorTex}}
>>         }
>>     }
>

>  > object {PatternObj texture {WhiteTex}, texture {ColorTex}}
>
> Simply replace texture{WhiteTex} or texture{ColorTex} with an other
> texture definition.
>

> HTH,

This was also posted in .newusers, I'm not sure just replacing either of
the two textures is what Ralf is looking to achieve , the object pattern
he's using is made up of the difference of the cylinders and the text
pattern so they would always be the same colour, so a red ball with white
spot and black text would not be possible by this method.

--
Phil Cook

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.