POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : slightly-squared torus? : Re: slightly-squared torus? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: slightly-squared torus?
From: Fredrik Eriksson
Date: 23 Apr 2004 06:47:26
Message: <opr6wn9qvzzjc5hb@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 03:42:30 -0600, Sally <bui### [at] NOSPAMyahoocom>
wrote:
> I'm looking to doing a "rounded box" kind of torus... basically instead
> of the torus being perfectly round around the major axis (origin), I
> would like it to travel in a rounded-square kind of path. The thickness
> of the torus remains constant though.

Is this
http://hem.bredband.net/b230591/povray/squared_torus.jpg
anything like what you're looking for?

It uses a macro i wrote long ago for creating rounded cylinders (back in
the 3.1 days). It does pretty much what Round_Cylinder from shapes.inc
does, but also supports a hole through the middle.

---
FE