POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Add a non-origin sphere example to Scale : Add a non-origin sphere example to Scale Server Time
26 Apr 2024 06:02:53 EDT (-0400)
  Add a non-origin sphere example to Scale
From: Phil Cook
Date: 26 Apr 2004 12:29:49
Message: <opr62n2cc2p4ukzs@news.povray.org>
Someone else has just been caught out by 'moving' objects when using
scale, I was wondering if adding a non-origin sphere to the example would
highlight this, perhaps:

Scale also alters the vector components of an object

For example

  sphere { <1,1,1>, 1
   scale 5> // Evaluates as <5,5,5> so uniformly scale
       // by 5 in every direction.
       // but also multiplies the vector location
	// resulting in a translation to <5,5,5>
  }

--
Phil Cook

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.