POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scattering media and photons : Re: Scattering media and photons Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media and photons
From: Phil Cook
Date: 31 Mar 2004 04:57:49
Message: <opr5p0ninmp4ukzs@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:43:07 +0100, IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:19:34 +0100, Phil Cook
> <phi### [at] nospamdeckingdealscouk> wrote:

<snip>

>> Well I've gone through optics.pov which shows reflected beams etc.,
>> unfortunately without explaining how it works, and pulled together the
>> following scene with comments. If anyone can offer an explaination why
>> both refraction and reflection need to be on in the light_source; why
>> the
>> light_source must be outside the media container in order to get a
>> reflected beam; and why a cylinder light_source produces sharp edges in
>> the original beam with refraction on, I'd be most interested.
>
> I shall look foward to having a poke at this.

Looking at the controversial image you posted I'm not sure how to take
that :) but glad to be of help beams are well weird.

I've been avoiding that debate as it seems to be running into moralistic
grounds, personally I think you should have put adult in caps at the
begining of the subject,  explained that the picture is adult themed at
the top of the body and then posted either a link or put a page of white
space between the top and the image. As to the image itself where do you
draw a line, does this mean I wouldn't be able to post any accurate
renders of an egyptian statue with a huge phallus?

Ok no more I'll just watch the thread in p.b.i. and p.o-t. but feel free
to quote me :)

<snip code>

--
Phil

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.