POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scattering media and photons : Re: Scattering media and photons Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering media and photons
From: Phil Cook
Date: 17 Mar 2004 05:03:22
Message: <opr4z3mzt0p4ukzs@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:42:31 +0000, IMBJR <no### [at] spamhere> wrote:

<snip>
> How odd. Unless I'm misreading the documentation, we should be able to
> do this. I'm sure I've see a classic Dark Side Of The Moon prism with
> refracted beam done in POV. I can't see why reflections should be any
> different.

It was Tim Cook in p.b.i. 28/10/03 a refracting prism using a point light
inside a sphere with a cut-out, and presumably a interior{dispersion}. If
you switch off all the reflection on my LightReflector,  add a
transparency or filter and switch back to the overhead view, the light
beam does pass straight through and show up on the other side. However if
you add 'refraction on' to the photon block it vanishes.

It does seem strange to me, but again that may be to do with my ignorance
in how this works, I'm sure someone else can answer this much better than
I.

--
Phil

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.