POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Show Button with a memory : Show Button with a memory Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Show Button with a memory
From: Phil Cook
Date: 12 Mar 2004 07:58:34
Message: <opr4q2e0eqp4ukzs@news.povray.org>
I was wary of posting this to p.programming as although it is to do with
POV-Ray the program it's something that may already exist that I've missed.

I have two files open File1 and File2 I render them both in that order, I
switch to edit File1 and hit show and of course the File2 image appears,
is there any way that POV-Ray can retain a memory that File1 has been
rendered and display *that* image as opposed to the last one. I wouldn't
expect it to last beyond the session, but a temporary memory would be nice
IMHO instead of having to open an external imager to see the image or
re-render.

I'm well prepared to be slapped down on this if the implementation is
horrendous or if it's some switch I've missed, but it was just a thought.

--
Phil

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.