POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov ray pictures saving problems : Re: pov ray pictures saving problems Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov ray pictures saving problems
From: povray
Date: 7 Oct 2004 20:05:08
Message: <op2bm0tisumdduormuskau7p42qvefpa5e@4ax.com>
On Wed,  6 Oct 2004 11:46:45 EDT, "Viktor Kovitch"
<vin### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>Hello y'all-
>
>I seem to be having a little problem saving my POV Ray pics. Every time I
>render them and then go to save them, a small popup appears on the screen
>saying "This file is already open in the Editor" and not allowing me to
>save it. What do I do?

I used to get a similar error, years and years ago on the command
line version of povray.  Turns out I was using the "-o <filename>"
option to write an output file with a .pov extension when I should
have been setting a .tga extension.  In other words, I was
rendering blah.pov to output blah.pov instead of blah.tga.

Oops.

Good way to trash your own files.