POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trio : Re: Trio Server Time
8 Jul 2024 03:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trio
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 29 Dec 2014 12:42:01
Message: <op.xrm4r8r7ufxv4h@xena.home>
On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:52:50 +0200, Cousin Ricky <rickysttATyahooDOTcom>
wrote:

> "Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> One good thing about the lost connection is that we probably won't reach
>> our 100Gb throttle cap this month :)
>
> I'm not sure I'm even capable of reaching that with my connection (which
> my ISP
> laughably calls "high speed").  They advertize 12 megabytes on TV.
> Major copy
> error there: what they really meant is 12 megaBITS.  But I never get
> more than
> 1.5 Mb, and that's on a good hour of a good day.  Sometimes I get half
> the speed
> of dial-up!  There are times (as often as once or twice a day) when I
> wish I
> lived in South Korea.

What country are you in?
I would prefer Peterborough over SOuth Korea  - 1Gbps!
I have a 4Mbps connection. there are 8 devices connected via wi-fi plus
the PC direct connection = 9 devices. And my sons are into on-line gaming
and everybody except me watches You-Tube a lot.
Speedtest.net usually tests over 3Mbps {locally}, and downloads have never
been over 500Kbps(international). I have had pings as low as 9 but usually
it\s around 300 to bing.com.

Now my internet connection seems to be disappearing again... :(
... not sure if this message will go through ...

--
-Nekar Xenos-