POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for Water : Re: Looking for Water Server Time
1 Jun 2024 23:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for Water
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 3 Aug 2015 22:27:51
Message: <op.x2tnsmyzufxv4h@xena>
On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 00:04:37 +0200, Anthony D. Baye

<Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:

> Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:
>> Le 03/08/2015 05:27, Anthony D. Baye a écrit :
>> > I need a water material that looks good under multiple light source

>> but doesn't
>> > bog down when I render it with radiosity.
>> >
>> > The water in my scene is taking forever to render, and I've disable

>> everything
>> > but the normal pattern.
>> >
>> > Part of the problem might be a low aa threshold combined with a sma
ll

)

> light
> sources.  At the moment, I have six light sources surrounding it.
>
> I used a normal as a substitute for actual geometry (Originally, I was

> using an
> isosurface)
>
> my trace level is default.
>
> I tried commenting out the interior and the finish, to no avail, so

> either it's
> the normal, or a combination of other things.
>
> @Nekar
>>
>> Have you tried adding no_radiosity to the water?
>>
>> --
>> -Nekar Xenos-
>
> it doesn't matter.  The water takes forever to render even with

> radiosity turned
> off.
>
> Regards,
> A.D.B.

Maybe you could try and render the scene without the water and your focu

objects as a spherical hdri. Then use that image mapped to a sphere as i

the old MegaPov example
http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.1/tutorials_hdri.html

--

-Nekar Xenos-