POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Excel question : Re: Excel question Server Time
3 Sep 2024 11:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Excel question
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 16 Feb 2011 04:22:19
Message: <op.vqzoblh2mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:34:55 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake thusly:

> Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>> or if you need to keep the layout add the data directly and use it as a
>> basis for a Pivot Table and create a calculated field of =A+B then
>> re-format it how you like.
>
> Or enter the actual data in column ZZ and use B1 =A1+ZZ1.

But the advantage of the pivot table is that you can create whatever
calculated fields you like and then just drag them on or off to show
whatever data you want. You also don't have to worry about the size of the
data field if you just pick an (A:D) range the table will not show the
blank spaces. With a replicated data sheet the formulas need to be added
for each row or show a load of blanks. Set it to AutoRefresh on Load or
Print and you don't even have to worry about that.

> Or stick the actual data you typed on  separate worksheet. (Does that
> even work? Never tried it.)

Yes it's a common technique to put 'workings out' on another sheet and
then hide it; the formula is "=SheetName!Cell"

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com