POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Excel question : Re: Excel question Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Excel question
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 17 Feb 2011 05:03:50
Message: <op.vq1kwulemn4jds@phils>
And lo On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:38:47 -0000, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake thusly:

> Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>> But the advantage of the pivot table
>
> OK. I'm not familiar with the details of how pivot tables work. Thanks!

I don't think many do, which is a shame. I'd bet a lot of duplication of
data occurs because of this. Well worth playing with them

>> Yes it's a common technique to put 'workings out' on another sheet and
>> then hide it; the formula is "=SheetName!Cell"
>
> Cool. Thanks!

Nada. If you really want the sheet to be hidden rather than use the
toolbar a quick bit of VBA will stop it showing to causal users who
understand the Hide|Unhide command - Sheets("SheetName").Visible =
xlVeryHidden attached to the Workbook then password protect the module.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com