POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. : Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 1 Feb 2011 04:20:27
Message: <op.vp7v8en2mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 21:18:55 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake thusly:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:38:32 +0000, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>
>> And the teasing pre-caps "coming up on..." that repeat multiple times
>> during the show not just at breaks or at the end for the next episode;
>> even the BBC have got into the act.
>
> Even worse is when they start one show over the credits of another.  If
> I'm recording a programme, how am I supposed to get the whole thing if
> you start EARLY?

Oh I complained to the BBC on that one - Watch a programme on BBC2 until
the end turn over just as the credits roll and find the programme on BBC1
has already started:

"We do allow programme-makers some flexibility in running time, although
all programmes are expected to run about one minute less than their slot
time so that we can accommodate promotional trails and continuity
announcements. If a programme is over-running slightly, it may be
necessary to begin it a little early."

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com