POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. : Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at Server Time
3 Sep 2024 21:17:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 31 Jan 2011 11:38:19
Message: <op.vp6luiewmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:11:24 -0000, Jim Henderson
<nos### [at] nospamcom> did spake thusly:

>>> Oh God, I HATE THAT! >_< Why do TV programs have to repeat themselves
>>> every 25 seconds these days?! I can only imagine that either they think
>>> the people watching are absurdly stupid, or it makes the program
>>> cheaper if they just repeat the same shots over and over again.
>>
>> Me too!
>> I had a job one where I had to have the TV on all the time in my
>> workshop. (To make sure that the satellite dish had not lost alignment.)
>> Sky News was the only thing I could bare to have on and it repeated
>> every 20 minutes. It drove me mad(er)
>
> The one that gets me is programmes that break for a 5-minute commercial
> break and when they come back, you get a recap of everything that
> happened before the break.  Just in case you forgot.

And the teasing pre-caps "coming up on..." that repeat multiple times
during the show not just at breaks or at the end for the next episode;
even the BBC have got into the act.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com