POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the British Comedy Awards. : Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the BritishComedyAwards. Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Horrible Histories wins the Best Sketch Show at the BritishComedyAwards.
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 31 Jan 2011 06:44:27
Message: <op.vp578q2cmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:32:03 -0000, Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom>
did spake thusly:

> On 27/01/2011 12:18 PM, Phil Cook v2 wrote:
>> Not a song but oh boy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjeqRHdBwkY
>
> LOL.
>
> I actually liked them so much I got series 1 & 2 out from Lovefilm.
>
> Good to see you back Phil.

Nice to be back, just time, work  and blogging. Amazing how much of a
time-sink that latter can be if you want to pepper your entries with
something more filling than expanded tweets. Oh that and Minecraft :-)

> What second childhood?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - children's TV programming
often excels compared to that targeted at adults. Then again are we just
getting a large amount of rubbish these days? "Have I Got News for You",
"Never Mind the Buzzcocks", and "Mock the Week" in the short bursts they
do. "Misfits" which has been simply outstanding. "Being Human" which just
gets better. "Doctor Who" of course and... hmm that's about it. I've ended
up setting the box to record the re-runs of "Malcolm in the Middle" on
Fiver for a half-hour 'fix' of something decent. Everything else is Soap
or soap-like - real-life turned to 11 and painted in day-glo fluorescent
colours; or reality shows that aren't. Just nothing worth watching for
most of the week.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com