POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blob count limit? Seriously? : Re: Blob count limit? Seriously? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:30:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blob count limit? Seriously?
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 26 Dec 2010 19:47:12
Message: <op.vockgw2c0819q0@gdsentropy.nc.rr.com>
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 19:35:22 -0500, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

> Am 27.12.2010 01:06, schrieb [GDS|Entropy]:
>
>> I will adaptively disable the portion of code responsible for generating
>> the mass of extra components; while not an optimal solution, it is a
>> solution none the less.
>
> Alternatively, you could just start another blob when you hit that
> limit; you'll get an artifact /somewhere/, but maybe you can work around
> that, or just hope nobody will notice.
>
> For instance, you could use one blob for the icicles, and difference
> away another blob (or multiple of them) for the air bubbles.

Different blob objects was a problem I faced last year, given two blob
objects won't blob together, realism was substantially lost. Now it is a
single blob object filled with nested loops.
At any rate, a 3.7 compatible sanity-check Alpha will be released in a few
hours, minus the air bubble functionality.

--
Ian McDonald
Lean Agile .NET 4.0/MVC