POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : TRON:Legacy, woot! : Re: TRON:Legacy, woot! Server Time
3 Sep 2024 13:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TRON:Legacy, woot!
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 17 Dec 2010 20:35:14
Message: <op.vnvyoxhe0819q0@gdsentropy.nc.rr.com>
On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:03:04 -0500, clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

> Am 18.12.2010 00:41, schrieb [GDS|Entropy]:
>> Man...10:55pm EST...I can hardly wait! :D
>>
>> I played the ARG which was fun as heck, and I got some cool objects from
>> it (Encom ID badge, Arcade Aid pins, etc..). The first movie helped get
>> me into graphics and programming...
>>
>> Hopefully this movie will give everyone some cool pov scene/object
>> ideas. ;D
>>
>> Anyone else going to see this movie?
>>
>> Ian (excited....excited....excited...END OF LINE)
>
> *HOLY MOLY!*

Yes! Exactly!

> And I haven't heard about this project until now...

O__O flynnlives.com aracdeaid.com http://www.program-glitch-esc.net/
http://www.pitcell.com/

DOOD! You have missed the ARG of...ever!! I had to crack encrypted flash
files, create a QR code reader, solve crazy puzzles, mad other awesome
stuff to get trailers unlocked, stuff sent to me, encom intranet back door
access, dooooooood....you would have loved it!! And there are rumors of a
3rd movie!! :D :D

> Am I gonna see this movie? Bloody sure I am! And it better be good, or
> else...!

Ya...600mil movie+marketing....someone at disney will be fired...or worse!
if this does not do well....

> Unfortunately, it looks like I need to catch the next plane to the US,
> 'cause the movie isn't gonna be shown in Germany until Jan 27th... >_<

Oh...man...I feel your pain...I have waited 28 years for this night....I
will not spoil anything when I get back...I will just rate on scale of 0-9
against avatar and matrix. ;D

> Well, I guess until then I'll get me the original TRON movie on DVD for
> starters. (How come I somehow feel the urge to watch Matrix again?)

I was telling my wife that the matrix seemed to be based at least in part
on concepts first put forth by TRON.

> Gee, THAT's gonna be a movie fit for the current 3D-cinema craze...

I have read that they use 3D subtly...I will let you know..they say it
does not get in your way so much as many movies now do.

Ian