POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blobs to mesh conversion? : Re: Blobs to mesh conversion? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs to mesh conversion?
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 13 Dec 2010 23:10:21
Message: <op.vnoq7hhj0819q0@gdsentropy.nc.rr.com>
It has taken 4 days to render 1 pixel that I am now looking at. :(

I do not think the textures would bake well, as they are slope based and
use interior, in addition to the fact they are designed to be blended by
the "blobbing" of differently textured blobs.

However the profiler idea is very interesting.

I have converted a beta of this to pov 3.7 but it blows up during
parse/just before render with an "unspecified error"; this was attempted
using only a pigment of <1,1,1> and nothing more complex. No syntax errors
encountered. The MegaPov #set keyword is the only non-standard feature
used; #local works fine with 3.6 but not 3.7 when I tested, if I recall
correctly.

Ian