POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Question about the Big Bang : Re: Question about the Big Bang Server Time
3 Sep 2024 23:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question about the Big Bang
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 23 Nov 2010 07:54:45
Message: <op.vmmjhrjlmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:53:38 -0000, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake thusly:

>   This has puzzled me for a while, and I can't find an answer.
>
>   There was a time during the beginning of the Universe, when all the
> energy in the Universe was compressed into a space smaller than its own
> Schwarzschild radius.

As an aside to some the Big Bang theory is being dropped or at least the
part where it derives from a singularity is.

There's inflationary theory (or theories) by which a quantum fluctuation
inflates.

String theory (or the over-riding M-theory) whereby any attempt to
compress an object beyond the Planck length will result in it expanding.

and Brane theory in which our universe is caused by either a collision or
merging of two (or more) multi-dimensional 'sheets'.

All remove the need for a singularity.

As for your initial question, the calculations for the Schwarzschild
radius don't apply to a rapidly expanding mass. As you put it the
expansion out-runs the gravitational curve.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com