POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Batman : Re: Batman Server Time
3 Sep 2024 17:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batman
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 1 Oct 2010 05:41:57
Message: <op.vjv48avdmn4jds@phils>
And lo On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 03:48:08 +0100, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom>
did spake thusly:

> I think I'm finally figuring out the controls, when to counter, when to
> punch, etc. I'm actually getting thru entire battles without getting
> slammed, and even getting some bonuses for style now. :-)
>
> Pretty soon I'll be able to go back to the final boss fight with a hope
> of finishing it.
>
> It's kind of weird playing a combat game where the combat is actually
> rather leisurely in feeling, and if you button-mash you die.

I'm assuming your playing it at the higher difficulty where they don't
spider-sense telegraph their attacks. As you say it's so different to just
pounding buttons; not only do you have to watch the guy you're pummeling,
but those closing in on you and even those further away who might be
pulling something off the wall to throw at you or trying to open a weapons
locker.

It's also nice to have the group pile on you rather than the polite "after
you; no after you" discourse that seems to go on between groups of
enemies. Just because you're slamming that guys head onto the floor
doesn't stop someone from trying to kick you.

The only thing about the controls that bothered me on the PS3 version was
the special moves that required you to hit two face buttons at the same
time; I hate those.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com