POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CSS can be fun : Re: CSS can be fun Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSS can be fun
From: Phil Cook v2
Date: 22 Sep 2010 05:12:40
Message: <op.vjffvku7mn4jds@phils>
And lo On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:18:09 +0100, nemesis
<nam### [at] gmailcom> did spake thusly:

> Invisible escreveu:
>> On 21/09/2010 01:50 PM, Invisible wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, I know, there's hardly anything ground-breaking in here.
>>  I'm particularly pleased with how I managed to insert chevrons
>> *between* the links, but not before or after them. That look some
>> figuring out.
>>  (The trick is to do :before {content: " > ";} and then do
>> :first-child:before {content: "Navigation: ";}. You can even put
>> additional styling in there; I've put "Navigation" in bold, for
>> example.)
>
> I was thinking about how you managed that one.
> Guess I'm missing latest CSS goodies, cause I've not heard of "content:"
> before...

As Invisible says it's one of those old ones that never got used because
certain well-used browsers never implemented it. It also takes an attr()
so you can pull an attribute from the element and present it. So you could
have every <acronym> element end with the title attribute for instance. It
gets even better with CSS3 as that allows styling by type of link so you
can do things like:

a[href$='.pdf']:after { content: " (PDF)"; }

and every pdf link will add that content to the end of the link
automatically.

I mean it's only taken, what, 12+ years to get to this level :-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com